5 Ways to Use Protein Powder (When You’re Tired of Protein Shakes)
Protein powder is a supplement and doesn’t replace protein from “real foods” but it has some benefits.
1 serving of protein powder contains 20 to 30g of protein. It can be a great help if you struggle with your daily protein intake. Plus, whey protein isn’t the only option. There are plenty of plant-based proteins if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant. If plain protein shakes are not your thing, keep reading.
5 Tasty Ways to Use Protein Powder
1. Protein Smoothie: Super simple, fast and yummy. Just blend together your protein powder, milk or yogurt and frozen or fresh fruits. You can also add chia seeds, acai powder, cacao, peanut butter, spinach… basically anything you’d like! The options are endless. If the protein smoothie is your breakfast, you can add a cup of oats as well to fill you up.
2. Protein Porridge: Oats are great but they are not the biggest source of protein. The good news is, you can make proats (aka protein oats) just by adding a scoop of protein into your oats.
3. Protein Pancakes: Who doesn’t love pancakes on a Sunday morning ? There’s nothing wrong with regular pancakes but if you’ve been to the gym or want a more macro-friendly option then you might prefer to use protein powder. My 3 ingredient protein pancakes recipe is at the end of this post!
4. Protein Ice Cream: Halo Top is fantastic but this is an expensive protein treat. Plus, when you suddenly crave ice-cream at 8pm the last thing you want is go to the supermarket. You can easily make your own protein ice cream in 3 minutes with protein powder, milk, frozen fruits and peanut butter.
5. Protein Cakes: Another macro-friendly way to indulge! You can find plenty of fit recipes using protein powder online, from brownies to carrot cakes.
Protein Pancakes Recipe
For around 8 small pancakes, all you need is:
1 ripe banana
1.5 scoop of protein powder (I like to use Vanilla or Chocolate flavours)
Just blend everything together, heat up a pan, add a tiny bit of oil and start making your pancakes :)